Monday, March 31, 2008

There is only one week left before the April vacation begins. Now I understand why there is a "March break" in N.America. March is sooo long! It felt like it would never end, and officially it still hasn't. We are all just exhausted. This is probably going to be my busiest week teaching thus far as well. There is so much to do. Good thing I've always been a procrastinator! I know how to allot little time into much. I just think though, in less than a week I'll be lying on a beach or riding an elephant, or perhaps gazing at one of the amazing, lush waterfalls on the island of Thailand I will be staying. Ahh, it's worth it! So far, nothing major has messed up, but I still have my fingers crossed. It would appear that the fates have destined me to stay put thus far. Maybe they'll grant me this one little wish? I have already promised to come back next year!

I know all you seasoned travellers will be so disappointed with me, especially those to Thailand. I have no real tour or travel plans, but, I have encountered some hitches, so have had to make accomodations. My plan to go on a 5 day tour was thwarted due to the fact I was a single person. This is disappointing. I assumed (and yes, I realize the irony now!) that I would join a tour of a mish-mash of people and we'd all just make it out as best we could. Well, Of all the tours I found via the internet, no one was willing to include me. If I did a private tour, or even just the join in single one, it would have cost triple the amount I had originally agreed upon. Plus, extra for the single room. I thought, well, I'm tired of this, and tired in general. I need a resort where I can take day trips. The resort I found is reasonably priced to me and I have a ride to and from the airport. Two things that matter much for your vacation well being! I have the opportunity to do day trips and relax at will. How loverly!

It hardly seems feasible that I will be relaxing soon, but I know because I've seen the tickets!

No comments: