Thursday, March 27, 2008

The trip to Thailand is booked! I am more excited than I should be, but I think it's due to my missing the Christmas trip. I am very much looking forward to getting away from work and all that stuff, you know; things, stuff and such. I was planning on doing a tour, but when I tried to book they emailed me back saying they don't do singles. I had just assumed that I'd be lumped into a group but unfortunately that is not how it works. I would have been charged triple and plus extra for the fact I'd have a single room. Instead, due to my exhaustion factor, I have booked a stay at a resort. Yes, it's on a beach! I have a ride to and fro from the airport and really have nothing to worry about. Just what I need! I hope I will meet people there and I'm sure the opportunity for daytrips will come up. I'm actually saving a lot by staying at this resort, so I won't mind spending some for whatever I feel up for!

I know it's silly, but I have an update on my coffee press. I went back to the UB Mart the other night, and as I was shopping one of the sales girls recognized me and brought me to my old coffee press. Yes, it's still on display there, crack and all. I had to mime to her that when I got home and took it out of the box it was cracked. I pretended to get home, open the box, and take the carafe out. My look was as shocked as I could do. She seemed to understand, but I still think they feel I broke it accidentally and just brought it back. Not the case! If I broke it, I'd take responsiblity! I think I managed to make it clear there was no bubble padding on the glass and that's why is broke.

My class is good. They are offically obsessed with Greek mythology. They initally didn't understand that these are just stories people made up so long ago to make sense of the world. One girl in my class said, "Well, who is this Zeus person, and why does he think he's any better than us?" They got worked up about all the shenanigans those ancient Greeks were up to and wanted answers! I talked to them about the "big questions" but I had the sense they have never before wondered why they were there or what it was all about. They still haven't been introduced to Aesop and his fables, or even the idea of fable and lore. They, of course, know all the Disney movies and they were making connections between the characters they have seen there to the ones we were talking about. One girl told me that she went home and told her mom and mom's friends about how she was learning Greek mythology and how she did her own research on the computer. They were very impressed and that made my day!

I have invested in a few plants, seeing as how the contract for next year is signed, sealed and delivered. You forget how such little things make a house a home. I missed having plants, but I miss my dog more. It is now written officially that there are to be no pets. Mom, the Saint that she is, has agreed to take my Farelypants for one more year to accomodate my resume bulding.

It is funny though, because you get the feel, from the students and staff, that the year is nearing an end, and I keep thinking how it's getting closer I will see my baby again. I will be brushing my teeth one morning and realize I'm just a few short months away! A few short months from seeing him, my brand new niece and my best friends' baby for the first time ever. I have so much to look forward to. Everyone at home has been busy, has have I, and I can't wait to see and talk to you all! Be it said, there are so many dogs, and as much as I'd love for them to all be my friends, they run from me! Do you all have any idea how long March is? Gesh! No wonder in N. America we have a break then. It's too much.

I also was admiring my little apartment, and how happy, and lucky, I am to have it all to me. As much as I miss Farle's nudges on my arm and giving him the good pets, I can't really complain about my quality of life.

Plants, a great vacation coming up and a coffee press that works (the kind of time language barrier works, not at the bank though!). It makes report cards worth it!

No comments: