Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The school year is unofficially over for me! The Ministry of Health has decreed no children from kindergarten and up shall attend school. I put all sorts of homework into another package along with a letter telling them how much I missed them. I also graced the letter with Batman! One day Ankhiluun and Suzy forced me to walk around the school asking everyone I met, "Did you know that I love Batman?" Another time, we were in Math discussing probability. I asked, "What are the chances Miss M is going to have coffee today?" That's certain. Then I asked, "What are the chances Batman is going to come and ask Miss M to marry him?" I went into this huge story where I played Batman and he comes sweeping into the classroom, telling me he couldn't live without me any longer. While I'm down on one knee, the class door opens and everyone's eyes were fixed on the entryway, half expecting Batman to come in! It was my new TP, but we laughed very hard.
It's sad to know that the year had to end so abruptly. I'm grateful I will be returning next year so I can see those students who come back to this school. Other teachers are not so lucky. They are off to another foreign country and will probably never see again those students who lives they touched in such a meaningful way. And, vice versa. I'll never forget my first full year teaching. It was full of ups and downs, but has left me with a glow of unconditional love from my 24 students. I was constantly told I was loved, I was beautiful, and the best teacher ever. I will have to dismantle the "Wall of Love" but took some photos to forever remind me of the sweetness of my class.

It has actually rained here! For the past three days we've gotten some rain. It's really cooled off, but was so nice to hear and smell a fresh rainfall. We also were graced with a rainbow! Try to ignore the vast amounts of construction going on around it. I tried to leave most of it out of the pictures. I went up to the roof and could see it in it's entirety. It was uplifting!

No comments: