Saturday, May 31, 2008

Okay, the bad luck is over...for now. I've been informed by Anne, a Brit, that troubles come in threes. This is something my mother has also told me for years. If I'm counting correctly, there is still one more evil left to befall me. What is left to fall on me, I'm unsure of. However, the sheer boredom of being at school with no students must make up for something! I can feel my face light up when the kids come into the room. I know parents are using it as some sort of free daycare, but I don't care. I'm just happy they are there.

I got robbed again, in a different sense. The last taxi I took home the driver tried to charge me 6,000 Tg. I laughed at him and said that was riduculous. I gave him all the money I had and he kept pointing at the meter saying I owed him more. He kept counting the money, as if to prove a point. I just looked at him with my hands posturing to say, "What can I do? I have nothing more to give you." He took what I gave him and, thankfully, let me out of the cab unscathed this time. He did drive me all over the city on purpose, trying to run the meter up. I kept saying, "Zaisan? American School?" He reassured me we were going there, but how the meter got up to 6.000 is what I'm wondering. At the most, it should cost 2,000 Tg, I pay 2,500 just to keep them happy, but 6,000? Too much. Too bad my Mongolian is so terrible I can't even argue them down. All I can do is shake my head and say no. That leaves me open for more, buts there's nothing worse than being ripped off just for the sake of it.

No comments: