Friday, May 16, 2008

Okay, it's officially been handed down from the health department. No kids again next week. Man, I miss them! I've been busy doing all sorts of things, but now I wonder why. If I can't have the kids back, then I can't teach them anything! All my photocopying gone to waste! Well, I can keep it for next year, of course. I'd hate Nasaa's hard work to be all for nothing! He's one of the best assets we have at the school. Talk about multi-tasking! Geez, so much more to talk about!
Well, apparently this all ties in with the fact it's an election year here. No one wants to be the guy who did the wrong thing. The numbers of those infected has been rising, and there's talk of closing the borders. For my first year teaching full time, it has been quite the year! I'll see what happens on Monday. This is a picture I took at the beginning of the year, but you get the idea. No kids! We now sit in six groups of four. Handy for so many reasons!







On a brighter note! We did still have the party for Doogie yesterday night. It was a smashing success, what with all the people and food. It was more than I could ever had hoped for and Doogie was really happy. I told her this picture I took myself of the two of us was going on my blog! It's not very flattering and she said, "Okay, whatever you do, it's okay." I just laughed! We all got to get together and have some fun. Doogie was overwhelmed by the amount of people who came and that made me happy! There was so much food and drink! I made this massive amount of pasta salad and was concerned I'd be eating it for a week afterward, but everything was gone and we were all "full" as they say here (that means drunk!). Afterward, we all invited the TP's who stayed to go on a kind of "apartment crawl" so they could see, finally where we lived. I gave out beer and apples to those who wished, but mostly Doogie and I just talked. We weren't into all the crowds and stuff, so we just got caught up. It was fantastic! I saw an Eeyore toy and bought it on impulse for her. I almost kept it, and told her so! Eeyore was always my favourite character, because he was sad and it was okay. It's okay to be sad sometimes. I liked that. She did say that she wasn't going to give it to her baby straight away, but keep it for a bit. But, I made sure there were no buttons or anything she could choke on!
Needless to say, it was a fun time. All the teachers were really supportive and donated time, money and food. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them. It wouldn't have been what is was not for them! It was great! As I previously said, Doogie was surprised and happy by the attendance. We needed a party!

No comments: