Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh, and I have an update on my taxi driver incident. My new TP was dragged outside in her bathrobe by one of the guards to help translate that night. Well, the driver told her (upon seeing the guards come, I asked for all my money back, I'd already paid this man over 11,000 Tg, much too much) that the one bill for 5,000 Tg, I did hand to him. However, apparently, I ripped it in two and then decided to give it to him as a show of who I am. The bill got ripped in the struggle. I would never, EVER, do anything of the sort. I was disturbed my new TP believed this man over me. He said I was uppity. That is a way I have never been described before. I have been saying for a week that he was lying. When I explained to her that I had actually paid as much as I had, and that he still wouldn't let me go, she began to realize. No one grabs onto you like that just to give you your change. They just keep it! When I write it, it becomes even more absurd! Now, I carefully check all drivers before I get in. The older, the better. They're the nice ones. I had a great one today, as I already said earlier. "Wayne Gretzky!"

No comments: