Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm feeling better today, after my freshly ground coffee. I still am a bit shaken and don't know what I would have done if the guards hadn't come last night. Still, I wish they'd come sooner. My big bro sent me an email asking if I could have punched the driver. Well, I tried to kick him, but the seat was between us, so I just just kept pulling at myself and due to the angle, my kicks to his hand weren't enough. I was half in and half out of the car, just trying to get away. He had quite a tight grip and had no intention of letting go. Still, I have found that it's beginning to be quite an ordeal meeting new people here and trusting them. They seem to live by the rules that it's me first. That is evident in the way they "line" up. Everyone is pushing and shoving, no respect for women and children. Plus, on the bus last night into town, it was once again so jam packed. It is the perfect opportunity for pick pockets, and Rory (the new science teacher here) caught them red-handed.

I realize I'm being negative right now, and will feel better soon. It's just too many bad things happened in one day and I needed an expression. I do still love my apartment and all the people I work with. This is actually out of character for what I've learned Mongolia to be.

No comments: