Monday, August 20, 2007

Today was an interesting day, to say the least! I awoke early after a fitful night's sleep. The construction carried on outside my window until 2am! Then it was the dog's turn to disrupt me with their barking. The dogs here stay near their houses, or gers, but are not inside pets. Basically they roam free at night and bark and growl viciously at anyone who nears their property.

Deciding to head to school to get some serious work done I talked with the Principal, Mark (who I wrongly named Mike in my earlier posts). He wanted to know how I felt about switching to grade 3 instead of doing middle school. At first I was apprehensive, but once I got used to the idea became very excited. Another teacher arriving soon would prefer to teach my grade levels and I agreed to exchange. I will be the first to admit that I have very little experience in this area but have since discovered in my classroom lots of reference materials left behind by the last teacher. That definately helps to put my mind at ease.

Dan, Tina and I are off into town to get some supplies. My phone is still not working and I still have no hot water. The power goes out here every day for about 2 hours, why, I don't know. The flies are still everywhere!

No comments: