Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Night, the 19th






I called home this morning to see how my dog, Farley, was. Thankfully Dan and Tina have the option to call on their laptop and it only costs 2 cents a minute! I talked with my mom as she is now back from her vacation out west. He seems to be okay and I miss him terribly. I have never traveled without him! I was thinking about it and you know how couples have their significant other? Well, he's my other.



Feeling decidedly blue the weather today definately matched my mood. I went for a hike in the rain. It doesn't look like much of a walk, but it was a hard hike! Very steep! I had to stop frequently probably due to the altitue adjustment. I wound up near the top and ran into a goat herder. We hung out together and I forgot already all the words he taught me.

We hung out in the rain and talked for a bit. He, not knowing any English and me not any Mongolian. The one word he did know in English was "teacher" and I could actually say "Yes, me." I have to admit, I love the photo he took of me!

I am feeling a little under the weather still. My chest is sore and I believe the cold I was cathing has moved there. I am taking good care of myself and otherwise my health is fine. Tomorrow marks the start of the school year to me. I will begin to get my classroom in order and am excited at the prospect of having one all to myself!

No comments: