Saturday, August 18, 2007

Good morning everyone! It's about 9:00 here Sunday morning and I"m very curious about how Farley is doing! My throat thing has now turned into a chest thing but I hope it will pass quickly! Yesterday and today were great! Dan, Tina and I went into town as it was rainy and we decided to bypass the hike. Today is rainy too, much more so than yesterday. Definately not a hiking day!

Yesterday we decided to forgo the hike and just went into town. I had no money left and after much ado finally managed to take some out from an ATM in the State Department. I then bought a North Face back pack for $26. What a deal. One of the things I'm going to have to do is stop thinking about how much things cost in Canadian dollars. If it costs 3000 tugriks, that basically means $3. Less than actually. We did some shopping, and I finally got a fancy can opener as they are not included in the kitchen appliances in my apartment. While we were sitting at a pub (drinking Chengis beer after a hot day of shopping) we ran into Terry and Laurie Olsen. We have since discovered that most of us are Cancers, of all things! Homebodies, we are, but home is where we are! They brought their cat, Aggie, who is sweet and wants to try to go out some, but once she sees there's not much out in the hall becomes disinterested. I also bought some fly strips and already have captured many! I was the lord of the flies with my dishtowel but that can get tiring. Terry bought some netting for the windows and will put it up today.

Dan and Tina invited me over for dinner and more and more it turns out Dan and I are twins!We had a wonderful dinner of curry and rice, potatoes and veggies. After dinner Terry. Laurie and a just arrived teacher from Indonesia named Maureen came by and we played Taboo. Those of you who know me know that I get excited and managed to guess and get guessed many words! It was fun!

I have decied at 10:00 I am going to harrass Dan and Tina as they have an internet phone that costs only about 2 cents a mintue just to see how my baby Farley is!

No comments: