Sunday, September 9, 2007

Well, I'm gearing up for another action packed week at school. Thank heavens for teacher books! Though apparently the stuff I teach that is an aside is more interesting. I'm excited because I tried an experiment with my lentils for science class and they actually started to germinate. Tomorrow the kids and I are going to plant our germinating seeds and watch what happens. I remember doing things like this in school and how excited I was about it. I'm glad I can make it, or try to, as fun as possible. The thing is, it's fun for me too!

Aside from that it's been a fairly quiet weekend after the "welcoming party". We all had fun together that night and I think it was a great idea to get to know one another out of the school setting. The teachers all live and play together, but we rarely get to talk to our teaching partners in a social setting. My partner, Doogie, said she'd like to have me over for dinner sometime. I thought that was pretty nice. Last night a few of us got together and watched a movie over in Dan and Tina's room. Tonight was just quiet. It's so funny here because when you're out in the hall you can hear what's going on in everyone's room but once inside, it's so quiet!

I did laundry for the first time since being here (sorry mom!) and had to get Maureen, another teacher, to show me how to work the machines. They are the small, front-loading ones and I've never seen them before. I thought I could figure them out, being the worldly woman I am, but alas, I had to request help. I miss dryers! The truth of the matter is, I've actually been avoiding it due to the lack of dryers. My clothes are all over the building! Hanging in the laundry room, hanging in my bathtub, hanging off doors and the like. Luckily, I have lots of work clothes but was nearly out of socks.

Just as an aside from Mongolia, I have become an aunt again for the second time! I am very excited for my brother and his wife, Marty and Jenn, but am sad to not be around to see her. Her name is Sarah and she looks beautiful from the photos I've seen. Everyone is fine and they happily welcome the new addition. I trust my other neice, Lauren, is going to be the best sister around!

No comments: