Saturday, September 8, 2007

Last night Dan, Tina, Andrew, Maureen, Colin and I all treked to this little outside bar called "Green Pub". We drank a beer and the boys ordered some food. I think it was lamb. It came on this huge skewer and smelled wonderful. You could tell the quality of the meat was excellent. I did try a bit and thought it to be quite good.

There is a running joke amongst us teachers about the punching here. Dan had posted on his blog a running dialogue in regards to the incident I mentioned earlier about the man touching the eagle and a fight breaking out. It goes as follows:
"Hey, don't touch my eagle!" punch punch
"Hey, don't punch me!" punch punch

We now have a new one. There are many drivers and pedestrians in Ulaanbaatar. The drivers use their horns quite heavily.
"Hey, get out of my way!" honk honk
"Hey, don't honk at me!" honk honk
"I haven't used my horn lately!" honk honk
"My hand is free!" honk honk

This is just one of the ways we amuse ourselves here.

No comments: