Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It is official, Mr. Mark is resigned and a new principal is going to join us in the new year. I had already decided to stay another year, loving my job as I do, however with the new principal I will have to see. He is Canadian and from British Columbia, which bodes well, I hope. Like I taught my kids, knock on wood and keep your fingers crossed.

Apparently the staff here wants to hold a Christmas fest here before we all leave for our prospective vacations. I was a little annoyed to hear that many are hoping for a "hall party" and my floor is one that has been nominated for such an occurance. I'm sorry, am I still in University? Is this an official Floor Crawl? I want to be able to go to bed at will, and we are already much aware of how things in the hallway are easily transmitted through to apartments. Plus, what if I'm one of the ones keeping others up? It's a no win situation as far as I can see. Am I the only one that this strikes as absurd?

I am still hibernating and watching nothing but National Geographic, but a bit of the "B" movie channel. I see people I know sometimes, it's fun. The joy of going to a school that had a good film department.

As for my dreams, they are still strange. I think I may be worried about forgetting something, as I continually dream about searching for things I have lost. I have no clear idea about what I am looking for, but during my search I find other things I have misplaced and soon discover I cannot carry all the things I refound. Then I get angry at others around who will not help me in what I truly am looking for, though I don't know exactly myself. I only know that when I see it, that's it. I have variations on this dream, sometimes I have to get on a ski lift to meet the person who has my things and I refuse. Other times, one of my students has it and won't admit to taking it. I also have been begining to sense the first stages to teeth grinding on me. I sit with teeth clenched. Am I destined to be unable to deal, or tell others my unhappiness, that I have to grind my teeth? Who grinds their teeth, really? Does it have to do with something that's uncontrollable but you still wish you could control? I can tell you my jaw is clenched most of the time I'm not working. Am I working through things and what is unfinished visits me in my dreams? I have not had an unfitful bout of sleep for over two weeks. My teaching partner, Doogie, blames it on personal experiences, food, and the elevation.

No comments: