Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I just experienced the craziest and scariest bus ride, ever. The driver was obviously in some sort of hurry because he was most definately speeding. At one stop he basically slowed down long enough for people to get off but closed the door on those struggling to get in. He was driving away with people half-in, half-out of the bus. They were desperately running alongside the bus. Three small boys managed to make it on but the rest were left to the wayside. When I got off at my stop, another bus was heading into town. It, again, slowed down enough to let a few people off but took off quickly. It left a trail of disappointed passengers running along behind. It makes me wonder who on earth gave these people licence's to drive? I've had some pretty strange bus rides here, but that one has to take the cake.

Another day I was just sitting in my seat, minding my own business when this woman came and sat on my shoulder. I pushed her off and she moved away, but I've never seen anyone do that before to someone they did not know. I also have had to get used to random people pushing me. Now, I push back. Them pushing me off the bus and causing me to stumble does not get anyone off any faster. One woman noticed I was beginning to get up and literally hauled me out of the seat by my leg.

My class today gave me a headache. They were unusually noisy and kept interrupting me to tell me stories. I think they had a lot of stuff to tell me after those two half days and the long weekend. I had to yell at them a bit today, which they know I hate having to do, but they weren't listening! I explained the math lesson three or four times and they still were coming up asking the same things over and over again. I had to stop the entire class and finally get them to stop talking so they could hear the instructions. One of the students told me everyone had ants in their pants. I had to agree!

No comments: