Sunday, November 11, 2007

As I haven't been feeling up to snuff as of late, I decided to have a pamper day. I went to "Charming Beauty" for some waxing. I went in only for an underarm and eyebrow and came out with a half-leg and bikini too. The girl did a great job, unlike the last time I went. She was pretty into the bikini and was waxing, trimming and plucking for quite some time. After she was done she took a hand mirror out and showed me! I murmured it was fine. One thing I have gotten used to here is the fact that most people are probably going to see me naked before I leave.

Then I hightailed it to "UB Massage" and had a half hour body scrub and an hour massage. The scrub was incredible. Again, I'm standing there fully naked and they throw bowls of hot water all over you. They scrub you three times each side and scrub your hair and scalp too. I am definately exfoliated! The massage is the same as I had before. The girl comes in and covers you with hot towels to relax your muscles. Then, she walks on your back, arms, legs, and feet. She uses hot oil to massage you. It is very relaxing. Well, for me it is. Some people prefer the kind of massage where you can barely feel it but I like it rough! The girls whack and thump you. I have some "rug burn" on my elbow from the exfoliation, but it's worth it. In total today I spent about $60 on myself. Not bad for all that, I think.

Of course, the discourse turns to school. We have report cards coming up this week, so I'll be a bit more busy but I don't anticipate it being too much of a headache. My primary grades use levels rather than grades and comments. Plus, it's only the first term reports.

I am still cloistered with my tv channels. I get two. One is National Geographic, which I don't mind but they repeat shows every four hours. The second is this terrible movie channel that shows only 'B' movies with too many commercial interruptions. I don't mind that they are in a different language. I'm used to being surrounded by Mongolian, and the sound of it has become actually quite comforting to me. It's the fact that they are so much louder than the movie! They blare on with their crazy going ons and really startle you.

It's getting colder and colder at night. The days are actually quite nice. I liken it to Colorado where it is sunny all day and cheerful. It's the night times that get you. It is dark and very cold. It is snowing a bit tonight. I also have to get used to the idea that you back home are now 13 hours time difference. Mongolia does not observe daylight savings so when you fell back, we stayed the same.

No comments: