Saturday, November 24, 2007

The dust and construction around my apartment are really taking their toll on my eyes. They are red and hurt all the time. It would appear that no amount of eyedrops will help. I wake up every morning with red, swollen eyes and a crust around them indicating the work being done while I sleep. Oko, the school manager, has recommended an eye doctor for me to see. Apparently there was a teacher here last year who had the same problem and going to the doctor helped. I feel like I need an emergency eye wash station at my personal disposal. Last night Terry helped me get some things out of them with a Q-tip. There is a coating of dust all over my apartment and the water here has too many chemicals in it to help any. In fact, it makes them worse.

I finally agreed to go out to dinner with everyone tonight. We'll see how it goes. I've been somewhat in hibernation mode, feeling a little out of sorts with my friendships and dynamics. I'm not bored or lonely. Quite the opposite in fact. Well, maybe a bit lonely. I miss real tv and real food, mostly. Sometimes I dream about food, good food, like calamari and seafood, a nice steak done on the barbeque. Those types of things.

Tomorrow is Mongolian independence day and a day off from school for us. I plan on going to buy movies, getting a massage, and eating a Caesar salad. Big plans!

No comments: