Monday, June 2, 2008

The yearbook finally came out today! It was something of a struggle and I actually wanted to cancel it at one point, but it's done and published. What a relief, save now for the fact that I have too many kids asking to buy them after the fact. I only ordered so many reserve copies, and I feel there are going to be some disappointed kids. What can I say? I advertised this for weeks on end! I can't wait to show it at home to my family members. Actually, I can't wait to get home!

Only two weeks left at school, and they have been going fairly slowly now. Doogie and I would look at each other and be astounded at how the days and weeks would fly by. With no kids to keep you so preoccupied, the days have less meaning. I don't even know what the date it is even more because I don't have to write it on the board everyday. Aww, shucks! I miss 'em!

We, I believe, are still planning the trip out to the lake. Khuvsghul Lake, I think it's spelled. It's far but we will take a road trip and see many things along the way, one of which being an inactive volcano. I've always wanted to see that!

I've started report cards, the dullness now bores me. I used to be so excited to write them, as they were so new to me, but now... I did manage to finish 8 in one day, despite having to go get the yearbooks and dealing with all the back draft of that. Still, it was a palpable excitement in the hallways once they got unleashed in the school. It was rewarding. It did get a bit testy with the kids who hadn't ordered one initially and wanted to buy one. I kept having to explain that there were only so many extra. I asked them where they were during the 3 weeks of sales we had! They just smiled. It was a first come, first serve thing and for tomorrow I have only three left! Not bad for a first run!

No comments: