Saturday, June 7, 2008

There was an earthquake predicted by a Russian psychic, who apparently has competed (there are competitions for this?) and won the national competition. Well, it didn't happen. All of Mongolia was abuzz with the news and waiting with breath that was bated. I, fortunately was sleeping at the said time of this happening (between 9 and 12 o'clock), and thank heavens I did not wait up for nothing! I suffered no disappointment.

The weather here is so unpredictable! After the storm last night, it was very calm. Today, the atmosphere outside can only be described as smokey. People are still working, but everything is in a haze. I have managed to lose my $5 sunglasses and just looking outside makes my eyes hurt! To boot, I am almost out of eye drops!

Sue has turned me onto these pills to help me sleep. I went on a mission to get them for me and others who asked I pick them up for them. They are these happy looking, tiny little pink pills. Sue said she only takes a part of one, but me being the big pill popper I am (I don't even take aspirin anymore!), decided to take a whole one. What a huge mistake! I was up half the night with the munchies, pupils dialated, and couldn't get out of bed the next morning. As a result, I was late for my staff meeting and felt terrible about it. I've been called 'Miss Coffee', 'Miss Emmy' and other more flattering things. Now, I'm the druggie! The pills have assisted me in finally being able to fall asleep, so I suppose I am not really regretting discovering them, just my dosage! Plus, they only cost about $1 for 20 very potent pills! I should bring them back to Canada and make a fortune!

Yesterday I went to the store and decided to treat all the workers at the school to a beer. I gave them out on my way home. Heck, they were working on Saturday in the heat! I have to go out again today, and if they're there, I'll do the same. I'm the Beer Fairy!

No comments: