Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I finally got some of my boxes that I had assumed would be here two months ago. It was almost like Christmas! The only downer is that three of the four boxes I sent arrived. I have heard that in the past not all or even none of the things shipped arrive so I'm not going to hold my breath. It is nice to have my books and movies, especially my "Sex and the City" tapes!

Today was sort of a stressful day. I have been having to mediate a lot lately between students and forcing them to apologize. When I say "Okay, now apologize" they say "what's apologize?" When I explain it means to say you're sorry they grudgingly do so. One poor girl yesterday fell off the monkey bars. She cried a bit but said she was okay. That has happened many times since school has started. You know how kids are, one minute they're dying and the next playing with friends again. I didn't think much of it as she went the rest of the day without saying anything. I asked her a few times if she was okay and she said "yes." I found out today that she had been bleeding and actually needed stitches! I was so distraught! Why didn't she say anything? I watched her today and she was playing and having fun as usual, so she's alright. I just don't understand why she left it until she got home. If she felt she couldn't explain it to me properly, she could have showed me, or at least told Doogie.

I have asked Oko to look into booking my flights to Bali. I also have the Gobi coming up. I must admit, I'm a bit worried about being even more tired upon my return from Gobi than my departure. R&R is much needed right now!

No comments: