Wednesday, October 1, 2008





Okay, I know I haven't updated in a while. Sorry for those of you who read this regularly! It has been a busy month! Phew!

My class is beginning to settle into the routine and things are going well. We were featured in the first newsletter home due to our science experiment on seed germination. The class was astounded at the way the lentil seeds grew so fast in only a cup and wet paper towel. Plus, we got to have a field trip on the school grounds to look at seeds and the local plants. It was a lovely day and nice to get outside for one period.

We had our curriculum night and I had 17 parents show up. This must be some sort of a record, my classroom was packed. It's always funny to see the parents sitting in the tiny, grade 3 desks. They seem like active people. I always enjoy to see parents taking a role in their child's education. This means I get the support at home I need. We actually had to be shooed out of the class at the end, some parents wanted to keep talking!

I have a new first in my teaching career. One of my students was suspended for a day. I'm sad it had to happen, but they needed a wake up call as to following the school rules. Hopefully, it won't need to happen again.

We had our first spirit day of the school year, and the goal was to make the students look like a box of crayons. My class was orange. Unfortunately, we did not win this month, but the students seem eager to try again next month. I wish us the best of luck!

Sorry the photos are kind of fuzzy, but they were taken with my old camera. I got a new one from Olaf for my birthday! It's beautiful! I will write more soon, I promise!

No comments: