Saturday, August 16, 2008























It has been a long but short summer! I will be leaving tomorrow for a three day stay in Tokyo and then back to Ulaanbaatar. I'm looking forward to my next year teaching there and getting back to work. I think due to the hand, foot, and mouth disease outbreak I've been off for too long!

I had a wonderful visitor come to Canada to see me and though I have lived here for most of my life, I was truly a tourist. It was the best week! Ever! We did what we deemed 'extreme tourism' and did and saw most everything Toronto and Niagara Falls had to offer. I have never been on the 'Maid of the Mist' before and got freaked out up the Tower (afraid of heights!). One thing is for sure, I have gained weight back home and am, once again, the worst vegetarian in the world. For my last meal here I had steak, from the b-b-q. It was fantastic!

Mom, my aunt and I also got to spend some time at my other aunt's cottage up near Parry Sound. We got some sun and the major plus was, Farley was invited. Funny story.... Mom and I got home and we listened to our messages. There was one from the vet's office here in Grimsby saying someone up in Parry Sound had found Farley. He said he couldn't keep him for very long, as he had two Boxers to care for, and could we please come pick him up. Mom and I stared at Farley, standing in our linoleum kitchen and eating carrots. We didn't even know he was MIA! Okay, well, we did. But it's normal for him. He was only gone for about an hour. I once was at a campsite, and my friends decided to go fishing over 2 miles away. Well, Farley found them. He has an excellent sense of direction and I was never concerned about him. He takes off and explores, but always comes back for the food! I did notice that he stayed close by after that intial day and was always looking to me for clues as to where he could go. I should have known! He is usually up to no good! I did call the Vet's office to tell them Farley was safe with us, and that I was so glad the system worked! I just can't even imagine what the poor guy had to do to be able to read Farley's tags. He is very much a 'stranger danger' kind of guy.

My two best friends, the whole pairs of them, have recently bought houses! I gave them the traditional housewarming gifts, with a modern twist. Like, you are supposed to give a candle so you always have light. Well, I gave a flashlight. What happens if you don't have any matches? Both their respective places are amazing and truly matched to them. I am very happy for them and wish nothing but the best from here on out!

I have been reconsidering my worldly possessions here. I decided to sell off most of them, well, okay, anything I could. I sold most of the big stuff, and gave a bunch of it away. I figured, if I've been away and haven't missed it or already replaced it, then I don't need it. I have a lot more than I bargained for to take back with me, but I guess that will be it. I sold my bed, car, all my recording equipment and live venue equipment as well, in addition to my electric guitar. I feel so unhindered and ready for the future!

P.S. I have met someone, really nice, who makes my heart sing!


P.S.S. I now for some reason have no ability to place my photos, so it's a sort of montage!

No comments: