Sunday, February 10, 2008

My milk finally went bad. Here, I thought it was unable to expire. I have had the same open tetra pack of milk for many months. I have no idea what they do to it here, but it lasts forever. Well, almost.

I had quite the fright on Thursday at school. Enkhee came up to me and wanted to ask a favour. I said, "Anything." She started on this line of discussion saying her brother was coming into town for the holiday. By the nervous way she was behaving I was beginning to think she wanted some of her family to stay with me! Turned out all she wanted was to borrow my camera for the weeeknd. She made it sound like she was asking for my first born or something!

I went for lunch at Yumchigmaa's place yesterday. It was very nice. I got to see her room and meet all sorts of family. There was too much food and I ate steak but didn't want to apper rude or impolite. There also was beef tongue. I did not try it but Tina did and she said it tasted like roast beef. She ate three pieces. She also was mistaken, again, as Mongolian. It was very sweet to see how out our student's parents discussed how to properly say things in English to us. There was something of a language barrier though, as I would ask a question and it was either very cleverly deflected or misunderstood. On occassion, they would call in one of their children to translate. Before we knew it, four hours had passed and it was time to head home.

My Mickey Mouse humifidier has broken! I dropped it after refilling it and it basically shattered all in the hallway. I had to clean up much water and many shards of plastic. I am not a happy camper. It is so desperately dry here you really can't live without one, as far as I'm concerned.

I got really bored last night and decided to head into town. I arrived just in time to learn all was closed! One man at the pub actually locked the door and gave me a big "X" sign with his arms. I went home, argued with the taxi driver over the price he charged me, and began to rewatch Grey's Anatomy season 1. I have become utterly addicted to that show. I sure miss regular tv sometimes.

No comments: